View Contact Info
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
How to Reach Us
The City of Somersworth operates under a Council-Manager form of government, whereby the City Manager serves as the Chief Administrative Officer. The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is selected solely on the basis of executive and administrative qualifications.
As the Chief Administrative Officer of the City, the City Manager is responsible for:
- Overseeing all day-to-day City operations;
- Insuring financial stability;
- Fostering sound financial management practices;
- Facilitating strategic planning for future growth and development as well as operational efficiency and;
- Maintaining the City’s overall commitment to providing high quality services to the community.
The Manager keeps the City Council informed of the ongoing condition of the City, and provides reports and recommendations as deemed advisable. The City Manager has the right to take part in the discussion of all matters coming before the City Council, but acts in a nonvoting advisory capacity.
The City Manager is the Personnel Director as charged by the City Charter. The City Manager is assisted in carrying out the prescribed duties of the City Manager’s office by an Executive Assistant and a Human Resource Manager.
|Robert M. Belmore, City Manager||City Manager||(603) 692-9503|
|Brenda Ann Breda, Executive Assistant||Executive Assistant||(603) 692-9503|
|Linda Corriveau||Human Resources Manager||(603) 692-9529|